We are always on the lookout for talented and inquisitive collaborators.
If you are interested in joining our team please email us your cover letter, resume, salary expectations and portfolio samples (weblink or 10MB max file). Please include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line and start your cover letter telling us about your favorite building in San Francisco and why. Please email us via Next Level Strategies at email@example.com
Studio VARA is an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Do you love managing projects simultaneously while mentoring new talent? Are you excited by rolling
up your sleeves with day-to-day drawing, liaising with consultants and supporting your team to success?
Does participating in a project from conception to completion bring you great joy and satisfaction?
If so, Studio VARA is looking for a Project Architect:
- Work with principals and Project Managers to oversee all phases of projects from schematic
design through CA, including permitting and plan check.
- Hybrid Structure; Full-time exempt position 9-6 Monday-Friday
- In-person Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays at our SF Mission District studio; Optional WFH Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Employer-paid full medical, dental & vision insurance, PTO, and 401k.
- Salary Range: $110k – 134k / year, commensurate with experience
- Act as prime point of contact for CA and consultant coordination.
- Lead the detailing, and full documentation of selected project interior & exteriors, and develop
design in collaboration with the principals and team.
- Generate outline specifications and schedules.
- Assign and delegate tasks to team and effectively manage deadlines for production, renderings,
presentations, and research.
- Produce and manage project schedules, work plans, client correspondence, and documentation.
- Review design, and documentation for Planning and Building Code compliance.
- Review documents for QA/QC.
- Uphold best practices and Studio VARA’s process standards and CAD standards.
What you’ll need:
- 7-10 years of experience including multi-family, high-end residential, and/or commercial projects.
- Degree from a school of architecture.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Revit.
- Technical knowledge of Type V construction, including past work in all phases of design and
- Superior written and verbal English communication skills with a positive attitude and ability to take
direction from clients.
- Experience mentoring junior staff – managing the delegation of production and responsibility for
- Modern design skills and the sensitivity to be very design detail oriented.
- Experience with Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray, 3D Max, and Enscape
- 4-5 years project management or team-leading experience
- Working knowledge and proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Licensed architect in California or in the process of licensure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records. Employees must be able to show proof of vaccination prior to their start date.